Saturday, April 7, 2007

April is the cruellest month

breeding lilacs out of the dead land. A woman asked my permission to take lilacs today, from the yard adjacent to Capella. They weren't our (Capella's) lilacs, and even if they were, who would be so cruel as to say no to that, even in April.

My home is clean, my head too, empty of the terrible notions that had plagued it for the last month or so. April may be cruel, but March is harrowing, I think. Months named for war gods can be nought but bad juju. Like a dead hummingbird.

Today was easter (thanks, jesus), and Sunday-thus, brunch. Thanks to all the people who showed up-I had a wonderful time. Thanks to to Michael and Melissa who brought along their delightful family tradition-we painted beer bottles like easter eggs and hid them around the house/yard. I see this as being very civilized. Cleaned the house saturday, so thanks too to dave, for his part in taking the mess out behind the shed, giving it one last cigarette, and putting a bullet to it. It's funny how much nicer it is to come home to somewhere that's not riddled w/ dirty laundry and moldy food.

So...while tired, worn out, and more than a little sore behind exertion/substances, I am happy to have had so many fine people in my home today. All my love, and more when I'm feeling like it.


No comments: