Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's Official.

I have laryngitis. I can't talk.

I know. I know. Believe me. I've already heard it.

But right now, it's not going anywhere-I wake up every morning feeling like I drank vitriol the night before. Seriously, it hurts. A LOT. And I've been drinking so much tea/water/more tea...lots of tea, really-that I can't get any restful sleep. Up and down, you know.

SO...that's where I'm at, apparently. Cooped up at home, bored out of my mind. Unable to respond to even the easiest and most maddening of outside stimuli...except with the pantomime, gonna work on my pantomime. If you were so inclined, you might visit and pay your respects to my voice gone all christ-like. Take advantage of the opportunity-it'll roll that boulder back any moment now.

2 comments:

sigmund jones said...

wow. this is kinda hilarious. makes me smile, though i feel bad for you being in pain.

hbertels said...

The solution, I'm learning, is to just quit smoking. It makes everything 10x worse. (I know you're probably not smoking during your illness, but it makes you more apt to get sick.) But, I'm sure you know all of that. It's hard to quit smoking.