Sunday, December 23, 2007

Snapshots

I had a fine 24 hours post-solstice. Lots of company and companions, family and friends. Two sets of cousins, both out of California and passing through. Given that my extended family's one-sided, like a poorly counterfeited coin, that much family talk's about 75% of my Recommended Yearly Allowance.

Lots of coworkers out for one's musical ambitions (quoth verthandi-is there anyone in the deli who's not in a band?) and I got to see more of them (you) out in public than I have in a long time. Good.

Had a long, hard conversation with the last person I expected, and took away that warm feeling I get when I listen well. Set my face to "bake", and soon I'll take that one last deep breath before making bread bread bread bread...and maybe some cookies. I like to bake, don't like being a baker. Can't trust bakers, I always say. They can't even get a dozen right.

Merry Fucking Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too Odd Sir.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Happy Hanukah, you secret Jewish Rabbi.

shalom!

-Michael St. Fuchsenberg

Anonymous said...

did you remember to shave your yak?

hbertels said...

shaf yur busch