Friday, December 21, 2007

My couch, sans hobo

I just watched the Mclaughlin Group...I know, I know, it's ridiculous. But I am topical, political, attentive. And let's face it, ridiculous can be entertaining. But so I'm watching it, and for god's sake, John Mclaughlin was wearing a PLAID SUIT, and they were doing their year-end show, and when Pat Fucking Buchanan called Mclaughlin out on global warming by quoting Pope Benedict, the rest of the panel cracked up like he'd quoted the Tooth Fairy. I swear, seeing uptight, middle-american ordinary people so obviously irreverent about religion is...odd, to say the least. I's speaking to Dave, as he's the most irreligious person I know and has been a window into the burgeoning atheist movement I see all the time online. Plus, he's out at the moment, and this provides me the most convenient method of communication. AND...if you ever thought, Dawid, that you didn't fit in in Eugene, check this out. 'Night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure what point the vandals were trying to make, so many are implied, but someone thought it was totally unkosher. 'Night Chet.

Anonymous said...

i'm not saying that the pig story isn't funny on its own merit but i'm particularly enchanted by the fantastic blend of the godfather meets jews for jesus...

in other news, you're missing the kick-ass food i'm slinging around down here in the lone star state. we'll raise a forkful of stuffing in your honor.

feliz navidad de mierda.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. i love it when the irreligious show a little snarky backbone

Anonymous said...

jesus feeding at the trough?