Saturday, January 16, 2010

Misanthropomorphic Principle. Strong.

That's a thing, a reference. There's several concepts and contexts that are necessary to glean the meanings in my everyday conversation or blogging or what have you. For example, today I had a conversation with a pair of co-workers about our peppers. Dried peppers, in a bag. Same brand, same thing, but different iterations of nomenclature, in which some were labeled New Mexico Peppers and others Nuevo Mexico Peppers. When asked the difference, I said the latter were more like a flock of seagulls.

One of them got it.

And I don't like being obscure, or impenetrable. It's not pleasant, or easy for either of us. But at the same time, I have this whole thing about not adapting or adopting behaviors for the benefit of You (whoever you are), because I don't think it's fair or honest to assume/presuppose what's good for you. Even if that means I'm not easy, or pleasant. And while I respect my purposes and my results...lately it's been making me unhappy, the rest of you and I.

A good friend at Cthulhu Xmas (I'm trying to take the Christ out. I need some sort of corer) described attention as a human currency. That's a new idea for me, an unsettling one. I'm hoarding right now, waiting for some sort of deflation to set in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is one to imagine the word was pronounced new-wave-o? If so your proper nouns need to be capitalized. You know, for clarity. ;)