Thursday, August 7, 2008

Peaks and Troughs

I have mine, and yours, and some that I think belong to the unborn. I'm still here, still making my way. Well worn and worn out. Long day, but shorter than it might have been.

Sometimes I'm seized by the urge to blog, but other times (like now) I just feel a certain obligation just to keep it current. More than a week seems like too little, and as I prune and gather and cultivate my IRL relationships, so too must I keep this window open on those of you who dwell (for me) in the great white waste marketing (and market research) tells us is cyberspace.

Reading Moby Dick again, loving it more and more. The first book I've taken a deciliter (that's what spellcheck wants "highlighter" to be) to bed for. Taking stock of my neighbors lately, as I've suddenly acquired a handful of marvelous people to live next to, and I want to treasure it while it lasts. I come home to no fewer than 4 or 5 people who are glad to see me, and that's fucking fantastic. I highly recommend it-it's like living in a dorm...except they're all adults, which is orders of magnitude better.

Failures of mechanics lately. Broken bike, kaput phone, broken comp (as I write this, I think my hard drive is failing. This is very, very bad, those of you not-nerds), but prospects for their eventual repair loom large on my hungry horizon. Dunsany'd say I invoked a Yozi, but I'll remind you all, they're neverborn.

I am the fine hammered steel of woe.

No comments: