Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cusps

I can't decide whether I prefer sunrises or sunsets. Both are not uncommon, given my schedule, and I have seen stellar examples of both, recently. I feel as though I'm not able to render a fair judgement, tainted as they both are by the flavor of the day I've had/am about to be having. I envision some sort of scientific experiment in which my circadian rhythms are toyed with to the point I can't determine AM or PM. Then, control in hand, I can see which are the superior liminal moments. Borders and the snail on the edge of the straight razor.

I'm doing it, I'm naming and dancing and rising to meet the road. I'm better, lately, though not like I'd expected. I lead a charmed life (in every way except the one that matters) but I've suffered so many misfortunes lately that it feels like a vacation, a fine distraction from the problems that fill my head. Reality intruding on the story I tell myself. I'm rambling. That's fine.

By misfortune, I mean genuine happenstance, real random shenanigans. The composition of my continuum (vacuum, menstruum, duumvirate. You're welcome) is failing, but not because of me or mine, and that strikes me as close to fate/luck/fortune-mis as I get lately. I'm (also) not above believing that I'm burning it, spending my goodwill in the eyes of Urd, Skuld, and Verthandi, to compensate for previous point expenditures. XP, my friends, God's XP. We all dole it out, sometimes. I do feel like I have a surfeit of Grace.

They tried and failed?

No comments: