Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ju-Months

I just got back from a movie-first out in a while. I really haven't been compelled to see anything recently, so when I saw that The Fall was premiering tonight at the Bijou I had to go. Dragged bones with me, saw another two people whose blogs may or may not be private or unknown...I don't know where that was going, other than to paint you a fine word picture of my evening. This is, after all, the theatre of the mind. Even if it's pretty much just community theatre.

ANYWAY...this is rapidly becoming an archive for my anecdotes, and I'd like to preserve this one, as well as share it with the rest of you. Upon arriving at the Bijou, the lobby was crammed with people waiting to get into the theatre...the woman at the head of the queue (man, that's a great word) was asking out loud "can we go in yet?". I, just walking through the front door, said in my best customer-service confident voice "yeah, go ahead, it's fine".

And they all did. Even though it wasn't. How do you like that? I'm reconsidering my flirtation with grifting.

Mornin', with a nod, and a smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you cockgobbler.

Call ME

fuchs

Anonymous said...

Jew months? March? "It's Purim!"