Friday, November 16, 2007

Day of the Walking Bird

It's coming up, so I may be head down for the next week or so. I'm having orphans for Thanksgiving-feeding them, not eating them. Though, to be fair, the three birds that will have constituted my turducken were raised in a factory-camp (a nice one though, more Manzanar than Dachau) and their parents, I imagine, slaughtered for the same reason they were...well, the turducken's probably made of orphans too.

Planned dishes include...
Turducken
Stuffing
Huckleberry Pie
Mashed Potatoes, Sweet and Not
Winter Squash
Homemade Bread
Cranberry Relish, courtesy of NPR
Homemade Eggnog
and whatever people plan on bringing themselves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What? No porknog? Served in a bacon jug?

epiphenita said...

1. i thought turducken was an urban legend.

2. how did you get NPR to make you relish?

3. i've been mise en placing since sunday and running on 3 hours of sleep today. having uncharacteristically bad baking karma (will still taste great...it's just presentation suckage goading me) but still managing to enjoy the flying flour and accumulating food piles.

have a great thanksgiving.

hbertels said...

Yeah, I heard about the porknog. I just am not quite sure what to say about that, so I won't. (Until I try it.)