Sunday, October 14, 2007

The bloated revivified corpse of Taft in '08!

Lest we forget, Taft was the only man in US history to be both President and Chief Justice of the Motherfucking Supreme Court. No, not at the same time. Only one guy big enough for both jobs. So I'm writing this to keep my wonk card current. Can't be letting oblique romance and verbose angst overtake this blog. Well-rounded, I am, like a D10. Politics and undead weirdness all in one post. And how the fuck is "undead" misspelled? My computer's spellcheck knows me not at all. Sad to be obscure even to one's well-used appliances.

The brood mother of 1.4 of my favorite people (Risa I don't know enough to count more than that 0.4, but I can extrapolate her greatness from her file and her genetic proximity) has come out, at least a little, for Hillary. I like Hillary, been liking her since '93 and her Health Care Harbinger-y. But I gotta tell you, I can't get past her A. voting for the war B. seemingly surrendering to the bloated, jowly white establishment of The Other Side of America (geographically, I mean. Seriously, fuck all you non-Pacificans at this point). The money and mercurial moral machinations of her recent senate stint leave me...disinterested, if nothing else. Don't get me wrong, come what may, I'll vote for her over any of the Republican zombies hungry for brains in November '08...'less it's Ron Paul. I'm just batshit crazy enough to qualify for voting for Ron Paul.

BUT...in the interests of actually trying to change the course my accidental country's taken, rather than turning down the current inertia-of-evil...I'm all for Edwards, Kucinich, Obama at this point. And sunsetter squads, I'm also for sunsetter squads.

2 comments:

epiphenita said...

First of all, little fucker, you call me a brood mother ever again and I'll rip that eggplant right off your shoulders.

Secondly, I have been extremely disappointed with Hillary's stand on the war and sadly predictable politicking crap; however, if she is leading the pack right now, and that seems the case, it is at her that I hurl my war rage.

Brood mother. If I didn't like at least .6 of you as much as I do...

Anonymous said...

Lest we forget, Taft was also the only man in US history to be both President and Chief Justice of the Motherfucking Supreme Court...that needed to be physically removed from his own bath tub. Oh yeah rubber ducky...you are the one.