Thursday, March 5, 2009

Heart

My kitchen's been crippled lately. Seat of my power, center of my life's onion. No light, for a minute 'fore I left (sorry Goethe) a microwave that's given up the ghost, and now the fridge's been down for two weeks. Not broken totally-still keeps things cold. But no freezer, no ice or long-term storage. I woke up this morning, pulled myself together, and answered a knock at my door to find my landlord's handyfem there to look in on the fridge. Great! She's bringing me a new one. Fantastic! 'Cept I have to clean out the one I have already. Poop. Did that, wrangled it swiftly and surely, covered every surface in my kitchen w/ the contents of my fridge that I gauged able to stand the heat. Those contents that couldn't got out of the kitchen, into the neighbors' fridge (I have great neighbors, if you didn't know) and set out to work secure in the knowledge that I'd have a new fridge when I came home.

Not so much. Dave texts me just after I leave...no fridge. 'Till tomorrow. I look for metaphor and correspondence in my day-to-day. My kitchen's my place. The seat of my power. This can't be good.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

YoBit allows you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you can from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

You can click on CLAIM as much as 30 times per one captcha.

The coins will held in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.