Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sinister Crank

Broken again-but fixed. Ingenuity, metaphorical and otherwise. Been a long couple of weeks-I won't even bother w/ the sick cat (pussy) and the straws in his head to drain the fluid. And you've probably already heard the one about Dave and I and Midnight Mass, so I'll leave that out too. Except to say that it's a thoughtful place that puts schematics of itself on the internet. Wish everywhere did that. It's so nice to have an escape plan ahead of time.

And people, new and old. Katamari Damacy is life, all sorts of folks getting rolled up in my days. Human drama and schadenfreude gets me through-I can even enjoy my own suffering, which is a handy survival skill. Accomplished with a high degree of difficulty.

So here's to the end of your year, not yet the end of mine. My year begins on my 46th birthday in a week's time-this week is the Calibration (yes they're related) betwixt your calendar and my colander. The stars wink out one by one tonight, and the streets will fill with bad joss...like the oatmeal smell that's coming to a close. I'm an Eighth Day Adventist, and my years have only 51 weeks.

3x17x7x(23h 56m 4.091s)=strained, I know. We'll steal that millstone yet.

Happy New Year.

No comments: