Saturday, March 31, 2007

Strung Out

That weird hybrid of tired and unable to sleep. Restless-I woke up at 6:30 this morning, because my circadian rhythms are shot to hell behind my job. What civilized society invents cheap, functional artificial light and then spends the next century continuing to rise and fall with the sun every day? These are not well people I'm sharing the earth with, not indeed.
It's nice out, warm (by my standards) and humid. Smells like after it rains, clouds all dark and flat like a roof on the world. I'm going tonight, work till 9:00, then back at 7:00 the next day. I'll rest on Passover.
I have a lot on my plate-little things, mostly, or the earliest signs of things that will be big. Gotta prune, gotta tend. Nip these things in the bud, or nurture them as I may. I'm getting in what little media I can, watched the first episode of the 4th season of the wire and got so excited I had to take a break. Cleaned my kitchen, made some tea. It's quiet, too. Silence is the next best thing to sleep.

1 comment:

epiphenita said...

I very rarely write about having trouble sleeping because, well, I very rarely have trouble sleeping. One of the joys of narcolepsy, I maintain. Anyway, it's odd and somehow comforting that someone else was writing about a similar thing on the same day.