Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nulhomme

As I cleaned the house last night, did the dishes this morning...I felt very adult. Not just because I was doing it, but because I wanted to. It's not a chore, not outside myself. It's part of my rhythm. Which is how it should be-everyone gets to do whatever they want, me included. I'm just glad that I've gotten to the point where the things that are good for me are the things that I want. Some of them, anyway.

This is an obfuscation, by the way. Or a diversion, maybe. I'm back from a long way away, worn out from sales tax and driving and family. It was good, very good. Give me a minute-I'll tell you about it later.

1 comment:

Epiphenita said...

Goddammit, I could use a big glass of whatever you're having. Then, I want to sit down with you, a plate of whatever freeform magic you've just baked and spend a day or two conversing, punning, opining.

Have I mentioned my new (MiƩville-inspired) moniker? Communicatrix. For close friends: Communicatrixie.