Monday, May 19, 2008

Primary

Now, I realize that I haven't been keeping current on this lately-in my defense, my life's been all caught up and twisted by the threshold of the Spring. The absent Spring, liminal nonetheless. So yes, I have a lot going on, which I will, I imagine, at some point elaborate on.

But in the meantime, I'm OK, well, enjoying the heat and the sun and the lush greenery of Summertime. Walking along the river today, I was struck by the incongruity of the heat and the high river-it's a little thing, but odd in how it was noticeable even though it was so trivial. Living here so long, becoming so intimately involved in the neighborhood...it's a wonderful, adult feeling. All that experience and comfort accumulating...once again(and I know, I know, I'm predictable) I like getting old. I highly recommend it.

Otherwise, it's the hot, long-dayed time of year. I hope I'll see more of most of you as you venture out into the comfortable evenings, and if you find yourselves out in the heat, remember...I have AC.

1 comment:

sigmund jones said...

... the past couple days i have come into capella during my lunch break to buy a can of soup ... i haven't seen you. this is unfortunate.