Sunday, June 24, 2007

Slice of life

Things that stand out, lately.

My boss (5'0") and my new coworker (5'0") danced around me hooting and waving their fingers, like some sort of brownies/elves. Being big is unsettling enough, without some tiny people emphasizing the difference in proportion in the fucking weirdest possible way...I am not a maypole, that's all I'm saying.

Then, yesterday, went on the garden tour, a bourgeois, civilized, intrusive sort of way to spend a morning (morning; best time of day to go fuck yourself). Saw the most robotic bluegrass trio ever, watched the hoi-polloi getting massages in other people's backyards-come on, really? A harpist, of all things, and a 10 year-old entrepreneur screaming at strangers-"get over here! buy some raspberry lemonade!". The hard sell, I think that's called. But there were a few lovely gardens this year, and they were nicely contiguous, though inclined to be steep.

Ha.

And then blunch, always good is blunch. Good turnout this week, with Dananna and Capable Thunder. My mother-she made a pun. Good for her. New wafflemaker stepped up, delivered. Can't ask much more from a $3 appliance.

Today is quiet, as I am under the weather (aren't we all, save astronauts). Spent some time manufacturing vitamin D. Cirrus clouds like the damask on God's great blue blade. And seriously, fuck Paul McCartney and his Starbucks commercial. Evil, evil son of a bitch-I hope Ringo's last to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you're not a maypole. They're only large in one dimension.